Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Planner

I am the planner in my family. Probably just one more reason I am currently working as an event coordinator.

Anyways, I started talking to my family a month ago about Thanksgiving, to which my sister-in-law replied, "Celeste-Pie, already!"

Here is why I plan early- Family is very important to me, and no matter how early I plan, they still flake out... Whenever, I wait to plan, everyone acts as if they have had the plans forever. I have this hope that if I plan early enough, and remind everyone, that perhaps they will all show. Thanksgiving will be the next test for this theory. Only time will tell if my theory will be proven, or, if yet again, it will be dis-proven.

I view myself as realistic and well as optimistic. Therefore, I doubt very much that everyone will show, however, I keep the hope alive.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That is SO funny! I JUST emailed my family about Thanksgiving about an hour ago! Hey someone's gotta do it! :)

Sarah said...

I'll make the turkey, if you bring the wine!

islandgirl said...

I wanna come if the goddess divine and the shark are both going to be there!