Monday, May 24, 2010

The Indiana

For those who don't know, I got a speeding ticket while being in, "The Indiana," for the weekend a few weeks ago. I got this speeding ticket after being in The Indiana for about 15 miles. Therefore, the Indiana is not a welcoming state.



The Ticket.


79 in a 55.
Not good.
I was anxiously waiting to see how much my fine was going to be. It finally came in the mail. First, I got this little postcard.


$124.50, bummer, but so much better than I was thinking, I was thrilled. Thrilled, until I saw the envelope behind it and what it contained...




World, I would like to introduce you to my court fee$. My court fees that equal $225.00. This, is major blow to my unemployed bank account. I also have to sign the paper saying I will make no criminal offenses or moving violations in The Indiana.
$349.50 total in fees and fines. Over one car payment, down the drain.
One friend suggested that I just don't pay and have a warrant for my arrest in the Indiana for not paying and wait the ten years or whatever until I go back.
It was an idea, but I vetoed it. The honest woman in me won out.
It is my own fault for speeding anyways.
I was actually looking to see what the speed limit was in the middle of nowhere in Indiana at 11:45 pm on a Thursday night. Honest, I was. However, that does not matter. At least it did not matter to TPR Anthony H. Robinson of the Indiana State Police.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you didn't mail your check yet... Here in "the Indiana" you can plead your case and get out of them!

Unknown said...

I am mailing it today. It looks like you have to have a court date to plead, and since I am in Cali, it would be a little tough...

islandgirl said...

grrr...Mr. Robinson....grrr....we were really looking!