Thursday, August 12, 2010

The River Wild

I was in Oregon last week.
Oh, and good news, the vacation tradition continues, I got a speeding ticket on my way home. Vi- at this point I am going to quit driving like a Californian.
The primary purpose of my trip was to do a belated birthday gift for my MIL. She told me around Christmas time that she has always wanted to go river rafting. So, for her birthday the husband and I got her (and me) a rafting trip.
This is us before we leave for our big adventure. I do not have any pictures from the rafting itself, I was not willing to possibly sacrifice another camera. We did have a good time. The McKenzie River was cold, very cold, and we were both pretty soaked when our half-day trip was over.
Over-all it was a birthday victory.

3 comments:

islandgirl said...

yay for making a MIL's dream come true....boo for those darn law enforcers!

Anonymous said...

Kind of an off the wall comment but i follow any news that mentions the McKenzie River and your blog post came up. Glad to here you had a great time on the river but, next look us up. We provide our clients digital waterproof cameras so that they can take as many photos as they want. Then we post them so that our clients can download them for free.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyldh2o/collections
Cheers!

Sarah said...

will you now stop cursing "the Indiana"?