Wednesday, December 1, 2010

TWIST Tea

I am part of a non-profit group called TWIST (The Women's Improvement Society of Tuolumne). The main fundraiser for the year is a tea where everyone decorates a table. I did a little league table. There were a lot of really fancy tables, but I actually wanted my table to represent something in the community...

My favorite part is the sunflower seeds that are scattered around the astro-turf running down the center of the table... I also really like the jerseys on the back of the chairs (thank you salvation army and various other thrift stores in town...).

This is from the preview the night before. For the actual day we had no power, which also meant to heat... As the universe works, the power came back on as we were cleaning up, about 1/2 hour after the event ended. Se la vi.

1 comment:

islandgirl said...

love it... the table, not the lack of electricity or heat.