Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hard Truth

I went to the grocery store yesterday, and I was very saddened as I was leaving to realize that the baby formula is locked behind some windows next to the cigarettes.


I 100% understand the need of this grocery store to protect their product, but what saddened me is that here, in my little community, mothers are struggling so much that the formula is locked up. I understand that too, I am sure I would steal to feed my baby.


Mothers are so in need all around me that stealing formula becomes the best option. It never ceases to amaze me how people all around, even here in the US, struggle to have their basic needs met.


Back in the days of seminary I prayed once, that my heart would be broken by the things that break the heart of God, and I think this is just one more example of how this is working in my life. Perhaps not the smartest thing I ever prayed... What is one to do to help these people, all around us, that are in need?

No comments: