Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It begins

Smokey has finally left, and fire season has started, even though it officially started over two months ago.

Smokey is on the Knights Fire, which is very close to where we live, and makes it kind of weird. He is working from 4pm-7:30am. Since he is so close to home he decided to come home during the day and sleep rather than sleeping outside in the heat. I'm happy for him that he gets to come home everyday, but I rarely get to see him.

I think him coming home every day makes it a little tougher on me, at least emotionally. I leave before he gets home, and he is gone by the time I get home from work. I only see the remnants of him. Dirty dishes and clothes, and every now and then a little love note. He called me this morning as he was eating breakfast and getting ready to go to bed and asked among other things if I had done some laundry (FYI-I had done all the laundry)...

It feels like one of those movies, Serendipity is the first one that comes to mind, where the couple almost sees each other over and over again, but never do until the end of the movie. I don't like chick flicks like this. They are annoying and frustrating to me. Just so you know, it is also annoying and frustrating when it happens in real life. I don't know how couples do it who work different shifts all the time. They are stronger people that I am.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ryan works 3rds... I got used to having the bed to myself pretty quick!