Monday, November 16, 2009

A rare weekend

I had the very rare weekend off this last weekend. Turns out you get caught up doing everything else you would have done on days off, except, I got to see people. I got to take my niece to coffee... actually hot chocolate, I got to have my family over for dinner (well, those that showed up), and I got to go out with the husband, and his good friend... We still had a good time.


I am hoping to have another date night with him tonight. The winery where we are wine club members is having a special wine pairing at the Diamondback tonight. Should be a good time. We are wine club members at Hatcher Winery. For anyone who loves wine, I kid you not, it is heaven. Truly, when I die and go to heaven and am at whatever banquet table I heard about in Sunday School growing up, I hope they serve Hatcher wine. For anyone who loves hamburgers, you really should go to the Diamondback if ever in my little town, it has very good food. Another fun fact is that my dad calls it the Snake Pit... and I often hear many of his friends referring to it by the same name. My dad often does this to things. For instance, at dinner last night he asked me if I had a blueberry. I replied, no dad, I don't have a blackberry, I am anti spending that much money a month on a phone. Oh, he knows it is a blackberry, but he always calls it a blueberry.


So, in other weekend news, as much fun as it is seeing everyone, it is also nice having those "weekends" where I do laundry and dishes, and pretty much sit on my butt all day long watching wife-swap or any other random programs that are on in the middle of the day while everyone else is at work.

No comments: