Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Special Delivery

So, I got this in the mail about a month ago. A $75 gift card that I won off of a friend's blog.From Toms shoes... These are the shoes that for every pair that is purchased they donate a pair to a child in need. Very cool.
I already have one pair of toms, and I love them. My dad comments on them every time he sees me wear them, and he always says how he wants a pair. So, at first I thought about buying him a pair with my gift card, until I realized, there is no way he would buy me a pair if the shoe was on the other foot, so to say...

So, I decided to get some shoes for myself. I have been wanting some gray shoes for a while, and so that is what I decided to go with. Finally, this is what arrived in the mail.

Which started to look like this.

And finally, the new shoes. They are as comfortable as my old ones. I was torn between the twill and the canvas. After talking to a girlfriend and who had the canvas, and loves them, and knowing the ones I have now are burlap, I thought someone should try out the twill. I have, and love them. They are still very comfy, and are as thick and good quality as the other ones I have (this was part of the debate with my girlfriend).

I have scarcely taken them off since I have received them. So, go online and support the cause. They have all sorts of different styles. Also, Shark, thanks for the new shoes... I think of you when I put them on...

2 comments:

islandgirl said...

love them!!! And I was totally worried you would buy your dad shoes with that card, even though we never talked about it! Good choice on the twill. I totally want the grossgrain ones now. Maybe I should take one for the team and invest....

Sarah said...

Awh! I love them! All sparkly in true Celeste style!

xo