Monday, December 1, 2008

A little poem

So, my sister just found this poem in one of my mom's books.

Testament

But how can I live without you? -she cried

I left all world to you when I died:
Beauty of earth and air and sea;
Leap of a swallow or a tree;
Kiss of rain and wind's embrace;
Passion of storm and winter's face;
Touch of feather, flower, and stone;
Chiselled line of branch or bone;
Flight of stars, nights caravan;
Song of crickets-and of man-
All these I put in my testament,
All these I bequeathed you when I went.

But how can I see them without your eyes
Or touch them without your hand?
How can I hear them without your ear,
Without your heart, understand?

These too, these too
I leave to you!
(I love in you)

The part in parenthesis my mom wrote in at the bottom of the page. I for the life of me cannot remember right now who the author is. It is a nice poem though.

1 comment:

islandgirl said...

that is nice...anything that reminds me of your mom makes me smile. Like you...I smile when I think of you and how I am going to see you in a few days!!!