Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Mountains

For those who have warm and fuzzy thoughts about living in the mountains, here is a little tid-bit of what I had to deal with on Monday morning as I was leaving for work. This is the firefighters truck.
Our house. We can't park in the driveway when it snows because we won't be able to get out.


And this is my truck. Did I mention that when I opened the door a pile of snow went all over my seat and I could not get it all off, so my seat was wet as I was driving to work, grrr. I took off my jacket to remedy the situation and sat on that.
I should also mention at this point that the firefighter wants me to trade my truck in so that we can get a car. I politely informed him that I do not know how to put on chains, and I am perfectly content never learning that skill. Our compromise: if/when it snows I will take his truck and he will drive the car to put on chains, so perhaps next year about this time there will be a picture of my firefighter trying to put on chains in the snow (evil giggle).


1 comment:

islandgirl said...

i can hardly look at these pics. Makes me shiver! Please God, if you love me at all make it sunny at the end of January!!