Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Twinkle Toes

I have become much more mellow than I used to be. I used to wear a lot of bright colors (now it is mostly white, black and gray), bright eyeshadow, and anything else fun and exciting that I could think of. Some think my earrings are a bit crazy, but, they aren't that crazy.

I say all of this to point out, that my toes are the only place that I really go for bright and crazy colors anymore. Most frequently on my toes you will see deep purples, pinks, greens and blues. Light pastel colors are rare on my toes.

So, when I went with a girlfriend to get a pedicure this last week, my first one since being in 'The Indiana,' I knew I wanted a bright and fun color. I was hoping for something that I did not have at home, and here is what I found-






I love the bright orange. I told the husband I did it in honor of him so he would go on a fire. I don't think he considered this sincere. Kind of surprising since so many firefighters are very superstitious.





Might not go the best with high heels and dress pants, but I still love them.
I would also like to point out that normally at this point in the summer my flip-flop tan lines cannot be ignored. However, I have been wearing a variety of shoes this summer, not just my standard flip-flops, and my nearly lack of flip-flop tan lines are showing for it.

2 comments:

islandgirl said...

love the orange. And I don't think orange looks so bad in heels and dress pants.

Sarah said...

she stole my comment.