Monday, May 2, 2011

May Day

The most precious May Day gift did not come in a basket this year, but from my sister. My newest niece was born May 1st at about 5:21 am weighing 7 lbs, 12 oz.

Here she is, LeiLani Angelina Silva being weighed.
And the family, Dad, Thomas, and Mom, Amber.


Her big brother did come meet her a couple hours later. Apparently he was disappointed she was not bigger. He wanted her to be big enough so he could play with her now. He was there for a few minutes, then announced that he needed to go because he had a party to go to and he had to go see his friends.

Auntie Pie finally getting to hold her, with the the doctor in the background.
Uncle Steve meeting her for the first time later that day.

My MIL and FIL were in town too. So, they would not pass up the opportunity to meet her. Especially since she gave her five home-made stuffed animals that were very precious. I am quite sure after holding this precious baby, my MIL will not be satisfied until the husband and I have one.


My oldest niece was very excited about finally having a girl cousin. Since she is the only girl with two brothers, and four boy cousins. I asked her the other day if she was going to be ok with another princess in the group, and she informed me that she could teach LeiLani everything that it takes to be a princess. I told her that was good, since she is the oldest and will frequently have to set the example. However, after realizing that she is the oldest princess, she thought for a moment, then exclaimed, "I could be QUEEN!!!!"

Congratulations Amber, Thomas and Bradley...
Jenica too, who has wanted another girl cousin for a long time.

1 comment:

islandgirl said...

She is just beautiful!