Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sleeping Alone

So, I admit it, when Steve first leaves for a fire, I am pretty excited about sleeping alone. Not that I sleep badly when he is home, I don't. But, being able to sleep however I want with pillows all around me just brings me a little bit of joy.

That is until I have not talked to him in a few days. Because at that point when I go to bed I start to worry about him, and then I start to freak myself out... What if he is hurt? Would someone call me?

Thus I start to freak myself out wondering about something that I can do nothing about. This becomes my fire cycle. Steve is sleeping on the ground somewhere, and I am either sleeping awesome with all the pillows I can fit around me, or I am crazy worried about him with all the pillows around me. Do you know what Steve would say if he read this (not that he will because he has been on a fire since I started blogging and has no idea I do this...) Yes what Steve would say is exactly what my mom would say, "Get over it Celeste."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ryan works 3rd shift now, and I L-O-V-E sleeping alone... I think he really likes sleeping alone now too, so much that we are thinking about getting a bigger bed so on the weekends we have plenty of room!

islandgirl said...

hmmm....and I would much rather sleep with someone....

But I would never tell you to just get over it..it is ok to worry a little about the people you love. It is kinda proof that you love them.