Thursday, October 2, 2008

Registering

Well, we finally went and did it when Steve was home this last weekend. I have been looking forward to this moment for months now. I have a small joy when I go over to someones' house who has been married for ten or twenty years and they pull out something that you find out later was a wedding present. It is a fun little walk down memory lane. So, we decide to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond first.

Problem One: Steve and I have a lot of stuff already. We don't NEED new towels, or plates, or any of these things. This is fine for Steve. However, I am more of the opinion that I don't like our plates, and eventually we will NEED new towels and everything else, so we might as well register for them and get them for free instead of buying them later.

Problem Two: I am much more into entertaining than Steve is. So I want to register for things that are mainly used when there is company, and for quantities that you need when you have company. Steve does not see the point of serving dishes, fun glasses and goblets and things like this.

So, after an hour or two of walking around and compromise we were both exhausted. We get back to the front of the store and the girl is amazed that we registered so quickly, and she is pleased with the amount of items on our registry. Thank God.

I was not in the mood for any more registering after this. I have gone on line and adjusted a few items without Steve's watchful eye on me. I also set up a registry for him at Lowe's. Very exciting, and I think that is going to be it for our registry. Not very exciting, but it is done, and there is some good stuff on there.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Registering sounds fun! After 14 years...we need all new stuff!

islandgirl said...

hmmmm....I am so glad I did go registering with you behind Steve's back. Who knows what you might have ended up with....and he would have blamed me!! :)