Friday, January 16, 2009

An Angel

Today marks 15 days until W-Day. That is just an FYI for those keeping tabs.

Yesterday a friend came over for dinner who used to be a wedding planner. She offered to help a while ago and I was kind of slacking on giving her a call. I saw her at a retirement party this last weekend, and finally set-up the dinner appointment.

My plan was to just have her tell people when to walk down the aisle and stuff like that, since I have no one and I have done 98% of the planning of this blessed event (the firefighter likes to claim the other two percent). I printed up the wedding weekend schedule and was running over the whole thing with her, as well as the plan for the actual ceremony.

Her first question- If I have any vendors that are slacking that she needs to call up and give them a what-for....

My response- Are you seriously going to be the jerk for me on the wedding (in my mind Praise the Lord)

She then offered to do way more than I expected, including figure out the best way to set up the room for the reception to have the most seats/comfortably/without to many paths crossing...

After that she realized that Steve and I will be assisting with the clean-up the day after the wedding. This was unacceptable to her, and she has taken it upon herself to find a few more people, in the midst of the people who have already been coerced into doing it, to help with the cause so that we don't have to.

At this point, I could have kissed her.

This angel of mine is going to make the W-Day go a thousand times smoother, and has already taken a pile of stress of my shoulders that was exponentially building by the day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

woo hoo!! how great to have someone do your dirty work!

islandgirl said...

Nice! I like this woman!