Wednesday, January 7, 2009

For the sake of peace...

My firefighter, does most of the cooking these days. Why? He gets home anywhere between one and three hours before I do most nights. He also does most of the dishes. Why? Because after being gone 11 or 12 hours and only having an hour or two of down time dishes is not the highest priority on my list, plus, he gets home way before me, as mentioned before...

Last night we had my pastors over for dinner. They are helping out with the ceremony and have never really got to know the firefighter. I did do the dishes the night before so it would all be clean, and the firefighter could get right to cooking... However, he did the majority of the work for what turned into my company. He served dinner, cleared the table, served dessert, made coffee... He was a wonderful host. I sat and visited and did none of the work.

I could tell he was frustrated by how the whole evening turned out, and he made a snide comment about me doing the dishes before we went to bed. So, this morning I set my alarm clock for extra early, so I could get up and do dishes before I went to work. I was done with the dishes before he even got out of bed. My point being, this morning for the sake of peace, I got up extra early and did dishes. He was impressed with how well I know him. I told him that knowing him so well is messing with my sleeping schedule.

When I go home tonight now, whatever time that may be, there will not be an argument waiting for me. Totally worth it.

1 comment:

islandgirl said...

you would make a gooooood wife!