Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Epiphany

I had an epiphany on my way home form work the other day.


I realized that my job is changing me, and this is not
in the making me a better person kind of way.
No, this is in the I am more bitter, sarcastic,
and generally not as happy of a person
as I was a few months ago.

I cannot tell you how sad I was when I realized
this about myself. I have known for a while now that I
am not satisfied and happy with my job, but I resign myself
to be thankful that I have a job in the midst of the
current economy where to many people do not.


After realizing this about myself,
I realize it is time for a change.
Not a change in my job, not yet at least,
but a change in attitude.
I must remind myself how to guard my heart
in the midst of a less than positive atmosphere.
The sad part is, I don't really know
how to go about doing it.
My heart breaks
for the injustice and negative environment
I see all around me.
I truly would like to affect the environment around me
for a positive change, but how do I go about doing this?

I once prayed that my heart would be broken by the things that break the heart of God, and it has happened, it actually happend a long time ago. Now, I how do I protect my heart from these things and the emotions that follow. I feel the pain, now how do I help it change?

1 comment:

islandgirl said...

Um, yeah, so I would give you all kinds advice, but I don't have any...of course you already know this as a result of my last job...xoxox I know you will be ok