Friday, March 27, 2009

The Non-Wedding Weekend

Four years ago, on March 28th, my then old-man who was hitting on me, became my boyfriend.

Three years ago, on March 28th, we were in Napa,wine tasting, celebrating our one year anniversary.

Two years ago, on March 28th, we were having a quiet evening at home.

One year ago, on March 28th, my favorite person in the world was asking me to spend the rest of my life with him, in the back of a limo in Sausalito, on a hill over looking the Golden Gate Bridge.

Tomorrow, March 28th, was when we were supposed to get married. That is until we were informed that the catholic church does not perform weddings over lent. Grrr...

I think I am mostly happy that the wedding got moved up, there are a few things that make me sad though. 1) Would have been cool to have a wedding on the anniversary. OK, on second thought that might be the only reason I would be sad. I was kind of hoping that it would be really rainy and stormy this weekend so that I would feel even better about getting married on the most perfect day that anyone could ask for in January. Well, I am sure a certain someone would like it to be 80 degrees just one year on her birthday, but considering it is the middle of winter, it was the most perfect day that I could ask for.

It was a tough choice moving it up. I had to get permission from my partner in crime to take over her birthday and our anniversary (me and her, not me and the husband...)

I am thankful we changed the wedding because 1) It is all over, and let me tell you, I was done dealing with it all. 2) The husband is never allowed to say the wedding was all about me, because, I changed the date I wanted, and made his ceremony the official ceremony. You know why, because I am a GOOOOOD wife.

I must point out, that at one point after both ceremonies were over, Mr. Baran informed me that the second ceremony, aka my ceremony, aka the cool ceremony, was way better, and perhaps we should have only had one. In translation- my ceremony was way better than the catholic ceremony, and the whole reason we changed the wedding date.

Our big plans for the non-anniversary, non-wedding weekend is to have a date night.

BTW, I plan on celebrating March 28th every year, even though it is no longer our "big day." I think one more reason to celebrate is never a bad thing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you crack me up! Celebrate twice...

islandgirl said...

you are a GOOOD wife! xoxo