Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let's be honest...

It feels like the world is falling all around me. In the midst of everything that is going on I am trying to keep my head up and do my part to keep others moving.

It makes me more thankful for my life. While things are falling apart around me, my life is continuing. Situations around me make me that much more thankful for Steve and the relationship that we have. Also for him as a person, his gruff exterior is giving way to his love for me and for my family. I am so thankful to have a job and that Steve has a job so we can afford to give ourselves a wedding in the midst of financial stress with so many others. I am thankful for a family that loves, even if the love is shifting and changing, as is the nature of the family.

I won't lie, I have had some emotional break-downs in the midst of everything that is occurring in my life. However, I see that though the storm rages around me, I continue. Now I just hope that the perma-sick to my stomach feeling that has been going on for the last couple days will mellow out.

2 comments:

islandgirl said...

I will send some good thoughts to your tummy

Sarah said...

oh sweetie. I hope you are ok. This is supposed to be a HAPPY time for you! Focus on the good!