Friday, November 21, 2008

Nicknames

My whole life I have been known as Celeste-Pie. I remember being a teenager and telling my mom I did not want her to call me Celeste-Pie any longer. She just kind of said OK and looked away. A few months later she told me that I would always be her Celeste-Pie. After that I just got over being called Celeste-Pie. Now, I love it. I am Auntie Pie, Auntie Celeste-Pie, and still just Celeste-Pie (Note from the author, years later the author was reading her mom's journal after she had passed away and the only thing written in her journal on one day was that Celeste asked me to not call her Celeste-Pie anymore).

Some of my favorite nick-names now are the one's the my Firefighter calls me randomly. For instance, every now and then he will call me Goddess Divine, and this I love. He does not call me that very often, but it always brings a smile to my face when he does. My other favorite nickname from Steve is sunshine. This is especially the best when he looks over at me first thing in the morning and says it when he is still groggy. It makes my heart go pitter-pat...

2 comments:

islandgirl said...

you are a goddess divine...and it is a good thing Steve knows it, otherwise I might have to object on Jan 31st!

I love you C-Pie!

Sarah said...

I would keep him just for the fact that he calls you "Goddess Divine"!!