Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two and a half weeks down, the rest of my life to go

Got back from the honeymoon in Cancun on Monday, and finally back to work today, ugh.

I wish I had lots of fun and clever pictures to post here from the honeymoon, and believe me, we took many... They are not posted today because on the last night in Cancun the camera was lost, most likely for forever. Very, very sad. So, here are some descriptions about pictures that should be here, but unfortunately will probably never be seen by an English speaking person again.

First Pic: Here I am with a beer in one hand holding up my watch. My watch says 8. It is 8am and we are in first class (a honeymoon splurge) and decided to a have a beer to get the honeymoon going. Steve was so proud...

Second Pic: Our beautiful room overlooking the ocean. Look there in the corner, that is our spa tub for two that was out on the deck. It was wonderful.

Third Pic: This was taken on his birthday, Feb. 11th. It is both of our favorite day from the honeymoon. This is from when we went out to a wonderful dinner at a restaurant that I cannot pronounce. It was awesome though. Earlier this day we had some excellent fish tacos in Isla Mujeres at a restaurant that I did not even look at the name... I am wearing by beautiful green skirt and a black tube top, he is wearing dress pants and a long sleeve blue button up shirt, in case you were wondering.

Fourth Pic: This is our last night in Cancun. It is also Valentine's Day. This is a big deal because it is the first time in our relationship (pre or post marriage) that we have been together on the actual day, February 14th. I am wearing my new favorite dress from bebe. We went on a pirate cruise ship and ate lobster.

You might actually see a picture from this, because when we realized we lost the camera I made him not change when we got back to the hotel and we grabbed the cheap under-water camera we bought and had the guy at the front desk take a picture of us, since it was so late no one else was around. It will be another week before me, or anyone else sees those pictures though.

Other than losing the camera the honeymoon was completely wonderful, well, I wish it would have been a little longer too, but, oh well. I am sure you are all completely intrigued by all of my descriptions... Man do I have a way with the English language. I am sure I probably would have posted a miscellaneous picture of us on the beach or by the pool, but none of those are sticking out in my mind enough to describe them at all, other than, this is me and Steve by the pool (or beach).

For those interested, I just got the disk with all of the pictures from the wedding. Unfortunately, the disk drive on my computer at work is not working, and I only have dial-up at home. So, until I get to a coffee shop or some other place with high-speed internet access with my laptop you will have to anxiously wait. When I finally do post them, I am sure it will include a link to shutterfly or snapfish so that they will all be viewable (there are about 500+).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

so sad about the camera!! I cannot wait to see what pics you do have, and wedding ones too~

Anna said...

Dude that totally sucks that you lost your camera!!! It sounds like you had a fun time though and I'm glad you splurged a little in some areas, like having a beer at 8am on the plane. When Matt and I travel we love to do stuff like that, makes it so memorable. :) I can't wait to see the wedding pics!!!